* Jackson is missing 4 teeth. They are nowhere to be found in his pretty little head. The bright side to this is that it won't take as much effort to make room in his tiny little mouth for his huge man-sized teeth.
* Tell Baby J that he will have to have two teeth pulled, and said teeth fall out within a week. Way to save some money, dude.
* Baby J's initial foray into the world of orthodontia is going to cost close to the annual government budget of Bermuda. I may be forced back into the workforce so my darling brown-eyed boy can have a dazzling smile and a perfectly shaped and stretched palate, not to mention the fabulous lack of an overbite. Did you catch the word "initial" at the start of that sentence? Yes, there will be more to come.
* Payne isn't missing any teeth. He is a smart kid; now we know why: his four wisdom teeth are in place, sending out waves of intelligence. He has an oral surgeon's next boat payment in his head.
* Payne really isn't missing any teeth of the baby kind either. They seem to be firmly planted into both his upper and lower jaws. He needs 11 teeth pulled by the start of school. Yes, eleven. 11. Ten, plus one more. One shy of a dozen. Looks like the oral surgeon's boat payment for August will be taken care of thanks to the Big Man's genetic trait passed on to my son.
* Payne's first go with the orthodontist will be a waiting game. If you don't have any teeth, to what do you attach the wire and brackets and other paraphernalia? We pull teeth and hope the adult teeth come in. A little easier that all that Jack has lined up for his mouth.
* Did I mention Payne has to have 11 baby teeth pulled? I wasn't sure if you picked up on that little fact. At least we have an oral surgeon in the family. Perhaps we can have them over for dinner, and he can knock them out in the backyard while Jon grills hamburgers....