Jackson is really beyond ready to lose his grey, dead tooth. He wiggles it all the time. But to no avail.
Today, at the grandparents', Payne was irritating Jack. So Jack bit him. And lost a tooth. No, not the grey, dead one. The other top front one. Luckily Payne escaped with nary a flesh wound. And Jackson has a gaping hole in the top of his mouth.
And in a completely unrelated note, this is my favorite conversation heart. Because I do, in fact, in my own little mind, rock.
*I still can't figure out how to put the captions under the individual pictures.....
Appetizer What sound, other than the normal ringing, would you like your telephone to make? I love the ringtone I have had for the past year or so on my cell phone - the Magnum P.I. theme song. For the house phone, just a normal ring, please.
Soup Describe your usual disposition in meteorological terms (partly cloudy, sunny, stormy, etc.). Mostly sunny on the outside. Occasionally stormy on the inside.
Salad What specific subject do you feel you know better than any other subjects? If we are talking traditional school subjects, it would be English closely followed by Math.
Main Course Imagine you were given the ability to remember everything you read for one entire day. Which books/magazines/newspapers would you choose to read? Since I read very fast, I could get a lot read in one day. I would have to say the Bible, because it is referenced so frequently in so many aspects of life - religion, literature, news, etc. I would also read some Shakespeare; like the Bible, Will is referred to time and time again.
Dessert If a popular candy maker contacted you to create their next confection, what would it be like and what would you name it? It has already been made. Can you get any better than M&M's? I don't think so.
Appetizer - Have you been sick yet this winter? If so, what did you come down with?
Soup - What colors dominate your closet?
Black, white shirts out the kazoo, green, blue and amazingly, pink. Plus khaki. Is that a color? Remember, no orange, purple, or red for me!
Salad - How would you describe your personal "comfort zone"?
In the corner of the couch, with a pile of reading material, the laptop, and diet cherry coke. Work wise (as if I had a job...) would involve a camera and a computer. Notice - my comfort zones are not highly populated areas.
Main Course - On which reality show would you really like to be a contestant?
That's easy! Amazing Race. I would have my camera out at all times, though.
Dessert - Which holiday would you consider to be your favorite?
Does my birthday count? Shouldn't we all take the day off, close the banks, and cancel mail service? If not, I would have to say Christmas.
Someone forgot that a newly tuned-up go-cart runs a little better and a little lot faster than last week's non-tune-up go-cart. Someone also was not careful in turning on a caliche road. Someone flipped his go-cart.
Luckily, someone had on his seatbelt and his helmet. Claims as he was flipping he was, "working on my exit strategy." Slow down there, sparky.
*yes, that is a pillow you see. Seem Mr. Future Nascar driver is really not quite tall enough to adequately reach the gas and need to be closer up to the pedals.
Six completely strange, random, weird things about me:
1. I must sleep with a body part outside of the covers. Usually this is a foot, occasionally an arm. And since it involves sleep, I will add on the fact that I must have clean sheets. Any speck of any substance completely grosses me out. Needless to say, there is no snacking whatsoever in, near, or around my bed. And don't you dare put your shoes on while sitting on my bed. And don't lay on my bed after working with your pigs or chickens.
2. I cannot stand it when a kitchen cabinet door or the pantry door is open. Drives me batty. Please close the door behind you. But other open doors don't faze me.
3. Cannot deal with the colors orange or purple. Or red. Seriously. Not in my house, not in my car, not in my wardrobe.
4. Foods with strange textures gross me out, too. Beans and avocados mainly. I also am not wild about my food touching.
5. Do. Not. Read. Out. Loud. To. Me. and Do. Not. Read. Over. My. Shoulder. At. All. Want to drive me nuts? Do either of these. Unless you are Jackson, and sometimes Payne. They can read to me almost as much as they please. But they are the only ones.
6. My alarm is only set to either a :00 time or a :05 time. Something freaky about waking up at 6:12, I guess. Make that puppy 6:10 or 6:15.
Proof now that I am full of strangeness. Who's game to share?
Today found us in the gym; the same place we will be for the next 6 weeks as both boys play basketball.
This is the first year for Jackson. He was a little hesitant at first and really just stood there and watched. After the first quarter, though, he got into the action. It is the first year I have not coached, and it was a little hard sitting in the stands trying to be just a supportive parent, not obnoxiously yelling coaching instructions that go directly against the actual coach's instructions. But for once I was able to get some pictures of the game.
Payne's game was a little more thrilling. His team won with a last second shot. Payne opened the game by making the first basket, but couldn't buy a shot after that. The rest of his stats were great - he rebounded, hustled, stole the ball, etc. Just not a high scorer. The pictures from his game are still on my camera, so no shot of him tonight.
I think I have just now recovered from the long weekend of the stock show. Payne did fine, and the family as a whole (nephews and nieces) did really well. Payne's broilers placed 5th and 10th. Rocky placed 10th in her class, and Willbina placed 8th. He ended up selling Willbina in the auction.
It was a muddy, mucky mess at the showgrounds. I am still finding mud everywhere.